Website privacy notice
Website privacy notice
This privacy notice sets out how St. Modwen Properties PLC and its group companies uses and protects any personal data that you provide or which is collected during your visit to this website.
We appreciate your visit to this website and are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any personal data given by you whilst using this website will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
St Modwen PLC decides what happens to any personal data that is collected when you use this website [and therefore is a data controller for the purposes of Data Protection laws and this notice].
This privacy notice explains how and what type of personal data will be collected, processed and used during and following your visits on this site It also sets out why the data is collected and with whom it is shared or disclosed and what rights you have in this regard.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page when you have been informed by us of changes that may affect how your data is collected and processed to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This privacy notice is effective from 25 May 2018.
1.1 Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
1.2 What personal data we collect
When you visit this website our web server will automatically record details about your visit, including:
- IP address
- Website from which you visited us
- Type of browser software used
1.3 What we do with the personal data we collect
We require this information to monitor and report on the effectiveness of the site and help us improve it, we also use it:
- To improve our products and services;
- For customer and user administration and marketing;
- To handle enquiries; and
- To conduct research and analysis about our business relations
We will inform you where we require your consent to process your personal data. Otherwise, we will process your personal data to meet our legitimate business interests or where it is needed to comply with a legal obligation. In addition, we may also process your personal data prior to entering into a contractual agreement with you, or to perform an existing contractual arrangement.
1.4 Security of data
We have implemented technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised access, misuse, loss or destruction including:
- implementing access controls to our information technology, such as firewalls, ID verification and logical segmentation and/ or physical separation of our systems and information;
- never asking you for your passwords;
- advising you never to enter any unique identifiers such as account numbers, or passwords into an email or after following a link from an email.
We will not disclose your personal data to parties who are not authorised to process them.
1.5 Use of Google Analytics
If you want to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you may download the opt‐out browser here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
1.6 Location where personal data will be processed
Your personal data will be processed in the United Kingdom subject to contractual restrictions regarding confidentiality and security in line with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
1.7 Rights in relation to use of personal data
You have the right to:
- Access your personal data held about you and to learn the origin of the data, the purposes and ends of the processing, the details of the data controller(s), the data processor(s) and the parties who we share the information with
- Withdraw your consent at any time where your personal data is processed with your consent
- Update and correct your personal data so that it is accurate
- Request that your personal data is deleted from our records in certain circumstances
- Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Request a copy of your data in a portable reusable format to enable the transfer of data sets between organisations
- Be able to challenge any profiling and automated decision making, meaning you shall not be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing that significantly affects you
- File a complaint with us and/or the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find out more information about your rights by visiting the ICO website here: https://ico.org.uk/
1.8 Objecting to the processing of personal data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data, or tell us to stop processing it (including for purposes of direct marketing). Once you have informed us of this request, we shall no longer process your personal data unless permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
You may exercise this right in the same manner as for your other rights indicated above.
1.9 Retention of personal data
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary, we will establish this by considering guidance on best practice in the area that the personal data relates to and we will hold it only for the purposes for which it was obtained. The appropriate retention periods are dependent on the following factors: legal or regulatory requirements, performance of a public function or agreed industry practices.
1.10 Requests and Queries
St. Modwen tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
If you want to make a complaint about our use of your personal information you may submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House
Cheshire SK9 5AF
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. If you have any queries about how we use your personal data, you can contact the St. Modwen Data Protection Officer (DPO) by post or email at the details specified below:
Group Data Protection Officer
St. Modwen Properties Limited
Longbridge Technology Park
2 Devon Way